Greg,

Thanks for the info. That linker primer helped a bit with what is exactly
going on inside of the linker, at least to the level that I can understand.
I'm still working through getting a single assembly file to work but for
now I figured out a workaround with an empty c file. What is asmpru? I only
know about "clpru" and "pasm".

Is it possible to load firmware into the PRU, start and stop it for testing
and then reload new software without having to reboot? Whenever I stop the
PRU and go to remove pru_rproc with "rmmod" or "modprobe -r" I get a
message that it is still in use. In order to get around that I just restart
the system after copying my new firmware file to /lib/firmware, but is
there another way around this? As far as I can tell the PRU is not running
when I try to unload/remove pru_rproc. Also when exactly is the pru
firmware loaded into the PRU, is it when the system boots or when "modprobe
pru_rproc" is called and the remoteproc is started?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/dfb6db1e-5c03-4f2e-8ef6-eec109d73a89%40googlegroups.com.