Well I do not have a BBBW, but I do have an rPI 3. Disabling power save at
boot is fairly easy.

william@rpi:~$ sudo nano /etc/rc.local
Add: /sbin/iw dev wlan0 set power_save off

william@rpi:~$ sudo reboot
william@rpi:~$ iwconfig wlan0
wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  Mode:Master  Tx-Power=31 dBm
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Power Management:off

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that this, and all the other methods
mentioned above won't work. I'm fairly sure Robert is using some form of a
network manager to handle the BBBW's wireless, and in this case, disabling
power_save will have to be done through this network manager.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORq5fKwuLxrTnWn2nydd0-Q4RH37LtJz40BQ9pCNp3-YWA%40mail.gmail.com.