On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 4:35 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Riko Ho <antonius.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have boot and root partition. And I have put sdcard.img on boot by cp
>> command, will that work?
>>
> What is a "sdcard.img" ? Elaboration is required.
>
> But typically, no it wont work. Typically, you'll want to use dd, or tar.
> Then the partition that is meant to be bootable, needs to be marked as
> bootable using a suitable tool. Such as fdisk, or perhaps sfdisk.
>
> Such a workflow, would look something like this:
> https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-
> RootFileSystem(smallflash)
>
> Keep in mind this is Roberts build guide for  the beaglebone black, and is
> not intended in this context to be an exact steps example of what you need
> to do. But it should give you a rough idea of what all needs to be
> accomplished over all. *If* you're familiar enough with the Linux command
> line, and tools used.

Additionally, if you search the internet for "debootstrap how to" You'll
probably find a lot of information on how one would create a rootfs, from
scratch, and how to apply that knowledge for this purpose. But again, in
this context, there will be a lot of superfluous information. So you'll
have to parse what you read, understand what's going on, and take away what
you need from it.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoXtN6S%2BoYbsp%2ByN3vopzSS1Do%3Dd00DzY7Sc4Q9Jpo4nw%40mail.gmail.com.