If the target is a Linux machine, you will have fewer communications
problems, if you cross compile from a Linux, rather than a Windows
environment.

If you must run on a Windows-64 machine, then I recommend you install
Oracle VM Virtualbox on Windows 64.

Install Ubuntu on the virtual machine.

Install the Linux version of Eclipse for C language, with RSE (Remote
System Explorer) on Ubuntu.
RSE allows you to have full access to the target's file system from the
Eclipse IDE.

I find this works well for writing and running C programs on the BBB,
provided that you have an adequate Windows machine, such as an i5,
equivalent, or better processor.

If you have a puny processor in your Windows machine you are better off
running Ubuntu native on the processor.

I ran into all kinds of Windows-Linux communications problems running
Eclipse native on Windows.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/f3b0cbd3-9359-4750-8ac5-1c0ae9e532a9%40googlegroups.com.