Are you debugging user space app or kernel code like drivers, kernel modules,
etc?

If you are debugging user space app, you have two solutions:
1) use gdbserver on your BBB and Code Composer Studio (CCSV7) or Eclipse on
your host, which uses gdb for debugging. You will need your BBB source code on
your host. I recommend that you use NFS to host your BBB rootfs on your host
machine.
2) use USB200 JTAG debugger and use CCSV7 for debugging.

For kernel code debugging, you can use 2) above, but the debugging is limited
because CCSV7 isn’t kernel aware.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/C678A9E7-E9E4-4D09-9DAB-CA459FDE0265%40gmail.com.