I haven’t used CCS for several years as I use Lauterbach for all my linux
kernel/driver debugging. However, I’ll try to remember how to everything you
need. See inline comments:

Regards,
John

> On Aug 5, 2017, at 9:44 AM, clarkbriggs...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> John,
> Thanks. It does sound like you know the TI CCS stuff. While the TI market
> place exposed several high level products, I can't figure out how to drill
> down to the compiler. In particular, I think I installed for the AM33xx BBB
> processor when I first put CCS in, but can't find any trace of the processor
> family in the configuration.  Further, I don't find any settings for the
> target OS.  I am using CCS on Windows and targeting Debian on the BBB.
Use CCS to create a new C/C++ Makefile project. On the project in the explorer
panel, right click on the project name and select properties. I don’t recall
the section, but you should see a section with environment variables, where you
add:
CROSS_COMPILE=<path to your arm compiler tools>/arm-linux-gnueabihf-
ARCH=arm
Now in the explorer panel, add files/folders and then run “Build Project” (I
think that is the name). You should see the result/errors of your build in the
console window.

This might help:

https://training.ti.com/linux-board-porting-series-module-10-debugging-linux-kernel-jtag-ccs

<https://training.ti.com/linux-board-porting-series-module-10-debugging-linux-kernel-jtag-ccs>