I am attempting to install the Debian 9.1.0 system to support
BeagleBoneBlack on my Windows 10 system.

I am following the Derek Molloy blog site and until I tried to load the
"sudo apt-get install libicu-dev:armhf", everything was moving smoothly
(within limits of my Linux knowledge).

http://exploringbeaglebone.com/chapter7/

However, the step to install the libraries fails.

"Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or been
moved out of Incoming.
libicu-dev:armhf : Depends : libc6-dev:armhf but it is not going to be
installed or libc-dev:armhf"

This message leads me to believe that the libicu-dev:armhf is not available
with Debian 9.1.0 (Stretch).

Am I doing something wrong or is cross library linking not supported on
Debian 9.1.0 yet?

Assuming that it is not yet supported, any expected date for availability?

Is my only viable solution to reload using Jessie?

TIA,

Pat

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/af7590d6-51ea-4da0-a83b-fca0850d684b%40googlegroups.com.