I have a static 1.5A resistive load on the supply which has a 1A minimum
load.  That would leave me with 10.5 A of wiggle room.  Out of which I need
just less than 2A.

I'll revisit the supply level, but I'm fairly certain that I am well within
those ranges.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAEaoV1TQTrsM-0D%2BubMX028Mcz9ZKNVQvuff9U2EHpAanatsgA%40mail.gmail.com.