On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Michael Dalby <mikeyda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I hope someone can help ?
>
> I am running a Debian IoT (non GUI) image on my BBB. I have a  4D LCD cape
> installed which is working and shows the Linux command line.
> I would like to run a web browser in order to show the Node-Red dashboard of
> my running Node-Red instance.
>
> I have successfully installed Chromium-browser (it didn't show any errors),
> but if I try to run 'chromium-browser' from the command line it does nothing
> - I want the web browser to show in the LCD window.
> Is this possible ??
> Do I need to install any other applications (can this be done without
> installing something like LDXE)??
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer
>
> P.s. I am using the IoT version of Debian as I wanted to try and keep the
> memory foorprint to below 4Gb

You'll need Xorg installed

Follow "some" of this example i did for show:

https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/FLIR+Lepton+on+BeagleBone+Black+and+Green#FLIRLeptononBeagleBoneBlackandGreen-Setupbasicwindowmanager

aka ignore the lepton, qt5, and spi stuff.  But the minimal
openbox/slim/autostart can be easily used for your application.

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYiYW%2B9aSUbPmBDb29DqA2Ce36u1NFPoE%3D5X4uyU8bmzKA%40mail.gmail.com.