Hi all,

I am trying to use the PRUs for real time data acquisition on the
Beaglebone black (Linux debian 4.9.45-ti-r57). I have set up the PRU with
remoteproc and RPMsg; everything is working fine.
The first time, I successfully captured data with the PRU using the SPI
protocol and bit banging, and I have sent them to the ARM with RPMsg.

Now I want to do the same thing using the I2C protocol, which left me with
some questions:
- Is it possible to use the on-board I2C bus with the PRUs?
- If not, I will enable the pull-up resistor on a GPIO pins using a custom
device tree. But after that, I do not really understand how I can read and
write the SDA line for I2C? (Contrary to the SPI protocol, I won't have
Data In and  Data out lines but only one SDA line).

My final goal will be to use the on-board ADC. There is already a very
interesting project PRUADC that captures data using an external ADC. I
would like to use the on-board ADC, is there any way to do it ? (I am not
afraid of going into complex stuff).

Thanks,

Pierrick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ed0d2be5-9c7f-4fe1-8e79-1f494bde023b%40googlegroups.com.