On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 8:45 AM, evilwulfie <evilwul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do hardware. Software was something i did in the 80s z80 asm code and
> c coding on a univac ( yeah i know )
>
> If i run your command as root in my current directory
>
> root@beaglebone:/home/debian# make src/arm/BB-I2C1-00A0.dtb
> make: *** No rule to make target 'src/arm/BB-I2C1-00A0.dtb'.  Stop.

git clone https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays
cd ./bb.org-overlays/
make src/arm/BB-I2C1-00A0.dtb

> Been using linux since the 90s
>
> 2 years ago i could just invoke the dts compiler
>
> dtc -O dtb -o BB-I2C1-00A0.dtb -b 0 BB-I2C1-00A0.dts
>
> in whatever directory i was in normally someplace safe where i can play
> without fear of destroying something important
>
> now things have changed and its tough to see whats changed
> all examples everywhere also say i can invoke the compiler in a temp
> directory.

There's "include" files in the *.dts now...  dtc doesn't handle includes's..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYi%2BOpkPO_BOzgeV5At64vO7DxUJrDgqErDTBrw6YNmAiw%40mail.gmail.com.