Thanks for your answer Graham.
I find this quite inconvenient to have to do that to get Internet on the
board, but I'll try.
Is there a difference between usb0 and usb1 so that usb0 can't be
configured to do the same thing ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAJ9rpTQtpan%3DVmCr0LJTwMce9%3Dc3KDEEh8ntxeBMG%2BzRwg8UNw%40mail.gmail.com.