For me, the pocketbeagle shows up with an address 192.168.6.2 on usb1, but
I am using the onboard micro USB connector. I'm not sure why this is
different. The breakout connector is labelled on the silkscreen with USB1.
I'm using the latest stretch IoT from
here: https://beagleboard.org/latest-images (I downloaded it 10 minutes
ago).

FWIW, I can't get forwarding to work over the USB connector. I can ping my
host over USB, but I can't ping 8.8.8.8. My route looks like this:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
default         192.168.6.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 usb1

But I'm using a mac, so I'm still trying to work out whats going on here.
Internet sharing is enabled, but I think this uses a DHCP server so that
might be messing things up.

Thanks,
Jeremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ee5aa905-f535-470b-9adc-7157715bafdb%40googlegroups.com.