How real-time does its control need to be, what sampling rates will you be
using in the analog domain, What else will you be doing besides a data base
write?
If its not real-time response you need, then a BBB would seem to be capable.
If you want real-time performance then you will have to address the
capability of Linux to do real-time control which may be your limiting
factor.

Regards,
Tom

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/28f99610-d938-4c03-99d4-971dfa051c96%40googlegroups.com.