I thought I posted here once before but I don't see the posting or any
replies so if this is a dup my apologies.

I'm trying to set up a pocket beagle with my Mac and I can't seem to get
USB networking up.

When I connect the device to my mac is shows up on the networking tab as
BeagleBone, and BeagleBone2. And I can ssh into the dvice. However as soon
as I turn on network sharing everything blows up. The devices go from being
useable network entries to one being "red" and the other going to a self
assigned IP address.  The ssh connection is broken and the only recovery is
to turn off shared networking and disconnect the cable and then reconnect
it.

I've made atempts on the board side to set up a default route.  And enable
dhcp, which actually seems to be running already. If I try to ping from the
pocket to the outside world it either fails to work or I get network
unavailable.

The mac is a macbook pro running sierra.  Any additional suggestions would
be greatly appreciated.

Tony

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/aacd9b41-873e-4176-bfe1-60eb3fef8688%40googlegroups.com.