Hi  ,

I want to install desktop environment on begale bone balck compiled kernel.

I tried the script file provide by you.It is not working here is the error
message.
Please check the log and provide the solution.

[sudo] password for debian:
Err:1 http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian stretch InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'repos.rcn-ee.com'
Err:2 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'deb.debian.org'
Err:3 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'deb.debian.org'
Err:4 http://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
  Temporary failure resolving 'deb.debian.org

I tried the below things manually,But not working for me.

we are following these steps
(https://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone  ,Deboan 9.3 rootfs and
kernel

am33x-v4.15 ( stable) )

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

Gnome 3 installation: sudo apt-get install gnome-shell

KDE see Kubuntu installation: sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

XFCE installation: sudo apt-get install xfce4

LXDE installation: sudo apt-get install lxde

Openbox installation: sudo apt-get install openbox

Regards,
Sree

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a3276c23-8093-43e6-9680-229230990e0b%40googlegroups.com.