On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:30 AM, Gerald Coley <gcol...@emprodesign.com> wrote:
> 1) The TPS65217D came out after the initial design was done.
>

> 2) The DDR3L can run at 1.5V without issue.
>

> 3) The SW can set the voltage to 1.35V after power up.

Side note, while u-boot and the kernel support changing the pmic
voltage.  We dropped this during 3.14.x or the 3.18.x cycle in the
default kernel device-tree, as there is no memory "checker" in
u-boot/kernel to verify the "contents" in memory where still "valid"
after the down-scaling.  (i believe some random corruption was
actually seen on a am4x based board, so all am3x/am4x )

So if you do swap in the TPS65217D and want to run it at 1.35 to save
power, make sure you patch both u-boot and kernel.  The voltage must
be set to 1.35 in u-boot SPL during ram init.  (and patch the kernel
device tree to not set the 1.5v level)..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgYJFVfgxTKK-1yZrwOTN8DVgEQVet34CwAmmQ2J%2BDaCw%40mail.gmail.com.