Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for continuing to help Robert.  :-)

> > What I need (help/information) is:-
> >
> >     What Debian 9 image to use (minimal non-GUI system)
> >
> >     How to write it to the microSD card (on a Linux system)
> >
> >     A script to run that will install it on the eMMC.
>
> With: bone-debian-9.3-iot-armhf-2018-01-28-4gb.img.xz booted on the microSD
>
> Run:
>
> sudo /opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh

I don't have that script in the existing Debian 7 installation:-

    chris@odin:~$ ls /opt/scripts/tools/eMMC
    beaglebone-black-make-microSD-flasher-from-eMMC.sh
    chris@odin:~$

Should I run it from the mounted Debian 9 image?

> It should "work", but there is a good reason we moved to flashing the
> eMMC in single user mode...
>
> So IF it fails, follow the standard eMMC flashing directions here:
>
> https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Flashing_eMMC

OK, thank you.

As I said above I'm away from the boat for a while now, I should be
able to retry in a week or two.

--
Chris Green
ยท