Thanks for the info.  That explains a lot.  However, I see in the system
reference manual for the pocket there are eight pr1_pru1_pru_r31_xxx pins.
Any idea why only 4 were working in my test?   Sounds like PRU1 should be
able to see 8.

https://github.com/beagleboard/pocketbeagle/wiki/System-Reference-Manual#67_PRUICSS

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8425d149-6df5-4099-8d44-41c6aadf9dcc%40googlegroups.com.