On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:12 PM, ags <alfred.g.schm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Update: I realized that the MAC address for wlan0 had changed - didn't
> expect that. Will it remain the same until another firmware upgrade?

Yes the mac address did change (for new installs)..  For old installs
with package updates, thru apt there is no change..

It turns out the wl1835 has a built-in mac address.. So instead of
generating our own unique mac address on first boot-up and using
custom one, we use the wl1835 one..

You can disable this new mac address via editing:

/etc/default/bb-wl18xx

Change:

USE_INTERNAL_WL18XX_MAC_ADDRESS=yes

#USE_INTERNAL_WL18XX_MAC_ADDRESS=yes"

and reboot and it will return to the old address.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhqUWc6%2B3zLQRpHE3OHh%3D7w1jTtOWLS0U877JO7k7gVFA%40mail.gmail.com.