Thanks for the replies.
It took me more than an hour to notice I had to enter 'temppwd'...
Regarding the drivers, running 'bcdedit /set testsigning on' did the trick,
also there was a driver certificate I had not seen.
This far things are working now.

Next step is to use the Texas Instruments LightCrafter boost pack.
Some people are using the Stretch lxqt desktop
<https://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Stretch_Snapshot_lxqt>
version.
As Dennis noted this is a 4GB version, when connected all LEDs just stay on.
Before I was using the Debian 9.4 2018-06-17 4GB SD IoT
<http://debian.beagleboard.org/images/bone-debian-9.4-iot-armhf-2018-06-17-4gb.img.xz>

image which worked fine.
Is there a way to work around?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ecb6bc43-e5c5-49c7-b06f-cbe69a4ec88d%40googlegroups.com.