On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 2:05 PM not you <nguyen.tnho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am following this guide to install Linaro on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine:
> https://www.digikey.com/eewiki/display/linuxonarm/BeagleBone+Black#BeagleBoneBlack-ARMCrossCompiler:GCC
>
> Unlike the guide, I want to have the latest Linaro version.  Thus, these are
> the commands I use:
>
> sudo apt-get install aptitude
>
> sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib
>
> wget -c
> https://releases.linaro.org/components/toolchain/binaries/latest/arm-linux-gnueabihf/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz
>  --no-check-certificate
>
> tar xf gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz
>
> export
> CC=`pwd`/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-
>
> {CC}gcc --version
>

> It fails at the last line, complaining:
>
> {CC}gcc: command not found
>
> Can somebody enlighten me?  What have I done wrong?  This process previously
> failed when I used Linaro 6.4.1 as in the guide.  Thank you so much in
> advance.

Did you stay in the same terminal window?  The way i've written it,
export only stores CC in the current running instance..

So run:

echo ${CC}

If it comes back blank, you didn't export it..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhmKSWsAEbPHn-7avJcaEwyzboL%2BGUyeR5EyE86Xozz7g%40mail.gmail.com.