On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 4:41 PM Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 3:51 PM TJF <jeli.freih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Robert!
> >
> > Working here as well, but
> >
> > $ sudo apt install libpruio-modules
> > Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> > Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
> > Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
> > E: Paket libpruio-modules kann nicht gefunden werden.
> >
> > doesn't work (not found). I have to specify the complete name
> >
> > $ sudo apt install libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76
> > Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
> > Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.
> > Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
> > Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
> >   libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76
> > 0 aktualisiert, 1 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
> > Es müssen 6.000 B an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
> > Nach dieser Operation werden 26,6 kB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
> > Holen:1 http://repos.rcn-ee.com/debian stretch/main armhf
> > libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76 armhf 1stretch [6.000 B]
> > Es wurden 6.000 B in 0 s geholt (10,2 kB/s).
> > Vormals nicht ausgewähltes Paket libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76 wird
> > gewählt.
> > (Lese Datenbank ... 159470 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit
> > installiert.)
> > Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von
> > .../libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76_1stretch_armhf.deb ...
> > Entpacken von libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76 (1stretch) ...
> > libpruio-modules-4.14.69-ti-r76 (1stretch) wird eingerichtet ...
>
> That is correct, the way my build farm is setup, the module
> (libpruio.ko) is built against a specific kernel release and packaged
> against that tag..
>
> <pkg>-modules-<uname -r>...deb
>
> > And when I install libpruio-lkm afterwards, DKMS checks first for the linux
> > headers and then for the kernel module. I've to install linux-heders-`uname
> > -r` first, before I get the expected result
>
> This is where the fun begin's in a week or two, you really won't need
> that dkms layer..
>
> For debian and ubuntu this repo is going to fill up pretty fast with
> kernel tag's..
>
> https://rcn-ee.net/repos/debian/pool/main/libp/
> https://rcn-ee.net/repos/ubuntu/pool/main/libp/
>
> I've also updated our kernel update script "update_kernel.sh" to be
> aware of the the module:
>
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/commit/d837f2b02f44fabe16353fd1226bb1f64e847c93
>
> This sunday's image will automatically have that module pre installed
> after this commit:
>
> https://github.com/beagleboard/image-builder/commit/37c1c4257edd3b70df0d9cefc5aa65d703e681b5
>
> Currently, i'm having fun rebuilding freebasic..
>
> Side question, any reason to just not use git master vs the 1.0.5 tag
> from years ago????

I now have freebasic 1.0.5 available in stretch, it was bootstrap 3
times in a standard image and now once on my deb builder.  I'll
probally build/bootstrap it two more times tonight (time to run home),
to make sure it's fully okay..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYjGrmK1LZOTfHSebtqMQqFZy%2BqWEKP1rJJ0HqoDRWhLXQ%40mail.gmail.com.