Hi, I have read this nice ad for PRUs
http://www.staroceans.org/documents/TI-sdk/spry264.pdf which states how
deterministic the PRUs are,

"*each PRU has its own single-cycle I/O*" etc. Then I wanted details...

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Programmable_Realtime_Unit "Content
is* no longer maintained and is being kept for reference only!* "

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/PRU-ICSS "Please note as of
Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 this wiki *has been set to read only*."

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/PRU_Read_Latencies "The PRU write
instruction is a fire-and-forget command that executes in *~*1 cycle"

*that tilde...*

"The read latency values at the following links are *considered*
"best-case," accounting for the 2 cycle instruction and interconnect
introduced *latency*".

*best case....*

Possibly, there is some doc which states min/max execution times?
Deterministic or not? etc, etc.
*Not found. Just not found.*

I do not want to be pessimistic.... but neither I want to reverse-engineer
these "deteministic" units, that do not really look that-deterministic. And
that docs obsolete or missing??? What is it all about?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8976d66c-9bb4-40b9-aec9-b33874d42b99%40googlegroups.com.