jerry:

If your main computer is Linux, then you can cp across computers with a
common network connection,

But if your main computer is Windows, for small to medium amounts of data
I find an easy way is to cd to where you want to create the file.
then
nano test.txt
then copy the contents of the source file in a windows text editor into the
copy buffer
then paste it into nano inside of putty.
Control-X to exit, Yes to save

In the reverse direction, cat the text file you want to export, copy in
putty and paste into a suitable file inside of windows.

For larger amounts of data/files, you could put on a uSD card with a FAT
file system and mount it in either a Windows computer or a Linux, moving
the uSD card back and forth.
Or put the files/data on a USB stick formatted with FAT file system, then
move the USB stick back and forth.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/fe961adf-ded1-48a0-87ae-d5de1cdd1792%40googlegroups.com.