The programming of the MAC address in the EEPROM is not an issue, once you
are set up for it.
There are some other Ethernet connection options that you can turn on/off
at the same time.
But the program remembers what you want, and even auto-increments the MAC
address for you if you are programming in sequence within a block
assignment.
The program also does a functional exercise of all kinds of Ethernet
options, anything you have enabled, so it also constitutes a reasonable
final test for Ethernet.
Only takes 20 seconds or so.
I think you will need to pin out the USB-2 (port 1) lines, so that you can
get at them with a USB cable from the programming PC.
If the PocketBeagle plugs into your carrier board, you could build a dummy
USB connection board that temporarily replaced the PocketBeagle for
Ethernet programming.
--- Graham

==