Yes, 192.168.7.2 is exposed via the USB. The IP address is listed under
usb0 when I run ifconfig.

usb0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.7.2  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.7.255
        inet6 fe80::7a04:73ff:fea9:1e65  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20<link>
        ether 78:04:73:a9:1e:65  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 27070  bytes 8707292 (8.3 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 24  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 14300  bytes 3984042 (3.7 MiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

I changed etc/network/interfaces while trying to get wifi but has since
changed it back to the original file.
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# WiFi Example
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
#    wpa-ssid ""
#    wpa-psk  ""

# Ethernet/RNDIS gadget (g_ether)
# Used by: /opt/scripts/boot/autoconfigure_usb0.sh
iface usb0 inet static
    address 192.168.7.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.7.0