Got my BBB in today. Nice.

*I am able to connect to it via the serial port header but can not connect
via USB?*

*I tried installing the BONE_D64.exe drivers but all came back with red
X's. I rebooted*

*the P.C. and tried again. Same results.*

The serial connection is via Putty. and that works. I tried using putty
via SSH to 192.168.7.2 but all I get is a blank screen which eventually
times out..

Someone asked me today why am I fooling around with a BBB when
I can get the "real" thing on a P.C. or VM. I told him there are things
a BBB can do like add on capes, peripheral I/O that you can't really
do with a VM which if you could do it you would have to leave on 24/7
where as the BBB is a cute thing that once setup can run headless
at very little current. I just like it.

So, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.