I don't mean to start a fight here. You are all providing helpful
information. I think I will proceed on one of the following paths.

   1. Dig in and understand the GPIO registers. I have seen those in the
   libpruio docs, but just haven't groked them yet.
   2. Failing that, I can use libpruio to read the button during the
   *customSleep()* function, where it will both call a *break* right there
   as well as set an *abort* flag to notify any subsequent tests that they
   should also not execute.
   3. And lastly, really dive into the device tree more long-term per
   Seth's info, because I think that would be useful knowledge for future
   projects.

Thanks,
Don

--
Don Pancoe, P.E.
Industrial Designer, Electrical Engineer