Hi Jake,

Yes, I did find a solution! Using the cross development tools downloaded by
Nelson's script makes things work correctly. This the script I'm using to
build drivers:

CROSS_COMPILE_PATH=/usr1/github.com.RoberCNelson.arm7-multiplatform/armv7-multiplatform/dl/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-
make -C $KERNEL_ROOT M=$(pwd) ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=$CROSS_COMPILE_PATH

Mike