lazarman schrieb am Freitag, 16. April 2021 um 09:01:56 UTC+2:

> Looks very powerful and code is very generic and well thought out. I
> thought you couldn't code?🤣

Even a blind hen sometimes finds a grain of corn. I'm not a programming
expert, but I've a ton of hands-on experience in developing realtime closed
loop controllers.

> I'm on tablet forgive my laziness where are the ADC examples located in c
> language if possible

See
https://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/ChaExamples.html

C examples including ADC: 1.c, io_input.c, rb_file.c

Since I don't know how to generate graphical screen output in C (or
Python), I didn't transform the further ADC examples (ie MM mode). They're
FreeBASIC only. (Feel free to help out here.)

I'm guessing  below reference you mentioned is the am335x TRM or are you
> referring to the ARM intellectual property for ADC?
>
> It's also possible to directly write to the step configuration in
> AdcSet::St_p
> <https://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/class_adc_set.html#a5963b11e6b966423547162d856cc0049>
>  by
> writing to the member variables Confg and Delay. See ARM Reference Guide,
> chapter 12 <http://www.ti.com/lit/pdf/spruh73> for details on ADC
> configurations.

Just click on the text "ARM Reference Guide, chapter 12". It's a link to
the document I'm refering to.

> Thanks. Did you write this library? It's quite a bit to wrap ones mind
> around. How long dis this take to develop.

The main tasks were to get the FreeBASIC compiler running on ARM, to
develop the CMake support for that language and to create a filter for
Doxygen. Then the first version was less than three month. Find details at

https://users.freebasic-portal.de/tjf/Projekte/libpruio/doc/html/ChaChangelog.html

> I've got a basic  understanding of how RPMSG works I'd like to understand
> how libpruio handles the data exchange.
>
> I'm wondering why Walter isn't using RPMSG  he's talking about using the
> other unused  PRU memory to store data and have ARM read it. I'm trying to
> see if that's doable for my own understanding. Certainly would not be good
> if that PRU loaded code from ARM. The Linux part I'm unfamiliar with. From
> my reading it sounds like starting PRU is manually done from linux command
> line.

> compared to jtag.
>
> Lastly in the unlikely event a modified libpruio example crashes what is
> the debug mechanisms beyond dmsg saying dude you crashed go recompile and
> reload. Are console output echoed back.

Again: libpruio does not use, and will never use rproc/rpmsg.

> Thanks in advance also any data sharing examples in libpruio?

pruss_add.c, pruss_toggle.c
And, of course, libpruio itself.

Regards