Sorry Chrome browser on windows this works for me
https://groups.google.com/g/beagleboard/c/-WlvGEaqrKU/m/EatslVHvCwAJ

    On Friday, April 16, 2021, 01:51:00 PM CDT, 'Mark Lazarewicz' via
BeagleBoard <beagleboard@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Hi Jeff
I have it open on my PC in gmail I'll send you a link to your personal email.
Strange stuff going on in my Yahoo client. And searching the group on Google
group's took me a few tries to find this so no your not crazy Jeff. Key words
seem important I'd imagine this group's archive is huge. Give me 5 minutes and
check your email. I'm at the point where I can't offer much help without doing
some actual work with CCS and JTAG mainly as a refresher for myself
Cheers
Mark

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 1:40 PM, jeff....@gmail.com<jeff.and...@gmail.com>
wrote:   Really interesting post!!
But I can't seem to find this thread on the new Beaglebone forums webpage over
here: https://forum.beagleboard.org/
Am I missing something or just loosing my mind?

On Friday, April 16, 2021 at 1:36:16 PM UTC-4 Dennis Bieber wrote:

On Thu, 15 Apr 2021 09:35:20 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Walter Cromer
<walterc-2dFtBuzUeF/tpnmuczy8b...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>So if I had an application that had a sensor A that needs to be read every
>10ms and sensor B that only needs to be read every minute, I could wire
>channel 1 to sensor A and assign it to step 1 and wire channel 2 to sensor
>B and assign it to step 2.
>
>Then at startup, when I want to read both sensors, I enable steps 1 and 2
>but not 3-16. This saves time on the read as channels 3-7 aren't needed
>and steps 3-16 aren't needed so I don't use them. Then after the initial
>read when I don't need to read sensor B until a minute passes, I can change
>STEPENABLE so only step 1 is enabled and execute a read every 10 ms. Only
>sensor A would be read. Then at one minute intervals, I change STEPENABLE
>so steps 1 & 2 are enabled and when read is triggered, sensors A and B are
>read.

 Seems like a lot of fiddling around with step enables, and assumes ADC
reading is a one-shot operation. I'd likely just create a process loop with
major frame of 1 minute, minor frame of 10ms (use a "frame counter" that
you increment after every read), and read both sources each time -- but
only report the one-minute source at top of major frame; counter at 60000
if my calculations are right).

 The ADC configurations supports continuous mode in which, after all
enabled steps are processed, it loops back to the top and restarts the step
sequence. Note:

"
12.3.4 One-Shot (Single) or Continuous Mode

 When the sequencer finishes cycling through all the enabled steps, the
user can decide if the sequencer should stop (one-shot), or loop back and
schedule the step again (continuous).

 If one-shot mode is selected, the sequencer will take care of disabling
the step enable bit after the conversion. If continuous mode is selected,
it is the software’s responsibility to turn off the step enable bit.
"
... if doing one-shot, you don't have to turn off the second step enable...
You have to, instead, turn ON the steps you want active before doing the
reads -- every time.

 Also pertinent -- as soon as any step is enabled, the ADC goes out of
IDLE to handle enabled steps. There is a master Enable in the CTRL register
-- to synchronize the reads, you'd likely have to set it to 0, program the
steps, then set it to 1 to start the ADC.

--
Dennis L Bieber

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/4c5b55c6-c1be-4c39-adbe-ff2a6339ffc0n%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/375946152.1674261.1618599048305%40mail.yahoo.com.