On Sun, 30 May 2021 16:13:00 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Kasimir
<moritzdolgesheim-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>But I'm hanging with touch.
>Installed is: Linux beaglebone 4.19.94-ti-r64 #1buster SMP PREEMPT Fri May
>21 23:57:28 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
>Plan is to write directly into the framebuffer, no X no desktop.
>That works also fine, very fast.
>But with touch .... I'm running out of ideas.
>Was expecting a conflict with USB Network, is now deactivated, no change.
>/dev/input/event0 is existing. But no events .

        Could you be having a conflict with the native LCD system (which is
active in parallel with the HDMI). The native LCD system expects a
capacitive touchscreen on the P9 (I think) pins.

        Might help if you identified WHICH product you are using. This one
https://www.amazon.com/GeeekPi-1024x600-Capacitive-Monitor-Raspberry/dp/B075QCXLPF/ref=asc_df_B075QCXLPF/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309707619534&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5324710204179150785&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9017241&hvtargid=pla-570706414713&psc=1
mentions a "free driver" (I would hope so -- I doubt they'd sell many if
they said the driver was extra cost; though the best documentation I find
for it says "driver-free" -- meaning no driver needed).

        I would note that the compatibility list on
<https://wiki.52pi.com/index.php/7-Inch-1024x600_Capacitive_Touch_Screen_(Extend_Two_USB_HOST_Port)_SKU:_EP-0085>
does NOT mention beagle bone, though the body text does.

"""
Power Supply 5V/1A via USB port
"""
OUCH! Beagle USB maxes out at 500mA (which is the spec for USB2); you'll
need a powered USB hub with high-power ports.

"""
    Please make sure the FPC cable is fastened and please connect the
MicroUSB cable to your device so that it can communicate with the touch
panel.
    Please make sure the USB power cable is connected properly.
"""

Implies one needs to use a separate USB power supply

One port is power, the other is data.

--
Dennis L Bieber