The return of capital was incorrect, I made some mistakes in both the math,
and saying ACB should increase - it decreases.  I think this is how it
should look like:

I think it should look like this
2015-01-02 * "Return of capital (1 cent per share)"
           Assets:Broker:ABC         -100 ABC {10 CAD)
           Assets:Broker:ABC         -100 ABC {11 CAD)
           Assets:Broker:ABC         100 ABC {10.49 CAD} ; manually
averaged and 1 cent subtracted
           Income:Broker:PnL         2.00 CAD                      ; 2$
capital gains