On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 7:33 AM, <short.em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday, June 26, 2017 at 2:22:17 AM UTC+10, Martin Blais wrote:
>>

>> Barring this freedom, you can hg update now, I just added an option for
>> you to replace the colon separator in filenames by something else
>> (--no-colons). Try this out and let me know if it works.
>> https://bitbucket.org/blais/beancount/commits/c0c87ed900e8da
>> 044d541bbb75cf3dd5a11ff314
>>

> Thanks for this, and sorry for the late reply - I was away. The error
> stays exactly the same.
>
> Looking in the diffs, from what I can gather - I'm not a Python coder - I
> think you're changes (i.e. added no-colons option) are not picked up
> because you are not passing the --no-colons argument when starting the
> server in bake_to_directory(). I.e. the web.scrape_webapp() at line 149 of
> bake.py should have extra web args passed:
>
> processed_urls, skipped_urls = web.scrape_webapp(webargs.filename,
>                                          callback,
>                          webargs.port,
>              ignore_regexps,
>    quiet, *extra_args*)
>
> I think those extra arguments should be built by checking if --no-colons,
> --view and --first-month parameters are present. --first-month is of
> interest to me because Australian financial year starts in July.
>
> I'd appreciate if you can add this - I'm unsure how to do it myself.

Spot on.
Apologies for the sloppy fix, I should have done better testing.
Fixed now.

(I think this code needs review anyhow, all the options should be read and
processed in a single place. How these options are passed around has grown
a bit hacky in order to retrofit this "bake" feature and it needs a bit of
care.)