I use bean-report for a few commands, mainly to get the price database, and
all balances.
For most operations I use bean-query or the web interface, which is fast
and reliable.

I don't use Fava and I feel it adds too much complexity. It depends on a
lot of external code that I don't have time to review (I just tried to
count it: npm wants to install 588 packages of JavaScript code!). Running
it inside a sandbox (Docker) is possible but it's harder to set up and this
infrastructure can have other problems.
Fava doesn't have the simplicity that I find in beancount. It also didn't
work without JS when I tried it some years ago (maybe it has improved).

I'd be fine with uglier web pages if they provide the basic accounting
needs. Though they don't need to be ugly.

I also use the holdings code and aggregate_holdings_by, but I could do the
same in some other way or keep the old code.