hg update, I've added a couple of things:
- A POSSIGN() function, which can be used to straighten the sign based on
the account associated with an amount. You can use it like this:

  bean-query $L "select account, sum(possign(position, account)) where
account ~ 'Liabilities:' group by 1"

- A NEG() function, which can be used to negate the value of an Amount,
Position or Inventory.

This works as a temporary fix, but it isn't great. There isn't real
arithmetic on all field types. (The SQL shell was developed in a weekend a
long time ago and has become a bit of a dumping ground for ideas and has
overserved its time. It needs a complete rewrite from scratch, for many
reasons. I want to do that eventually, but before then, merge all the
pending pull requests and fix some of the more important bugs.) In any
case, I hope this helps,