On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 3:17 AM, viq <vic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 1:55:42 AM UTC+2, Michael Droogleever wrote:
>>
>> I think it is this, but I have not tried running your code:
>>

>>> sys.path.insert(0, path.join(path.dirname(__file__)))
>>

>> is what adds the path to your importers package, to the system path. So
>> the
>>
>> import importers.mybank
>>>

>> Needs to be after it. It is admittedly not correct python style, as
>> imports should always come first, but it is a workaround beancount uses to
>> be able to read your custom code.
>>

>> Good luck.
>>

> Indeed, with that change it doesn't complain about imports now, thank you!
> Apparently the same can be achieved by setting PYTHONPATH.

Yes.

I think we talked about adding the importer file's location automatically
to PYTHONPATH, here:
https://bitbucket.org/blais/beancount/issues/214/add-top-level-directory-to-syspath
Not done yet

> Now to figure out why nothing happens when I run bean-extract

Run bean-identify first. If it doesn't list the file, it hasn't identified
it as  something the importer can extract from.

It uses the regexps you provide to match against the contents of the CSV
file.
I see a typo in your code, which probably explains why it doesn't match it:

Transacton Date