* mplo...@gmail.com <mplo...@gmail.com> [2018-04-21 05:37]:
> As the title says i wonder when to use tags and when to create
> separate account?

There is no right or wrong.  Some people like to put a lot of
information into their account names while others prefer simple account
names.  My general impression is that professional accounts prefer a
simple chart of accouts, though.

> Or should i use same accounts
>
> Income:Business:
> Expenses:Business:Ads
> Expenses:Business:Hosting
>
> and just use tags #ECOM1 and #ECOM2 ?

Personally, I like simple account names so I'd go with that plus tags.

Ledger has an interesting concept called pivot which allows you to do
both.  It allows you to make metadata information to become part of
the account name.

e.g.:

2018-04-22 * Income from ABC
    Assets:Bank                100.00 EUR
    Income:Business:Hosting   -100.00 EUR
        ; Customer: ABC

2018-04-22 * Income from CDE
    Assets:Bank                150.00 EUR
    Income:Business:Hosting   -150.00 EUR
        ; Customer: CDE

Normal balance:

ledger -f a bal income
         -250.00 EUR  Income:Business:Hosting

Balance with --pivot:

ledger -f a bal income --pivot Customer
         -250.00 EUR  Customer
         -100.00 EUR    ABC:Income:Business:Hosting
         -150.00 EUR    CDE:Income:Business:Hosting
         -250.00 EUR

The same would be easy to do with a beancount plugin.  I don't know if
anyone has done it already.  If not, I intend to create one in the
near future.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/