On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 6:52:57 AM UTC+7, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard wrote:

>  - it includes metadata in imported entries that allow it to reliably
> associate entries in the journal with external data, so that you don't need
> to manually track what has already been imported.

Can you give a point to the code for how this works? It is something that
individual Source implementations can override or control?

I ask because I have a YNAB4 importer[1] which uses metadata on each
transaction to achieve a similar result. In YNAB, each transaction has a
UUID, so by shoving that in beancount metadata, I can keep track of what
has already been imported.

I'm vaguely interested in rewriting the YNAB importer to use your framework
-- since yours has lots of other nice things -- but I don't really want to
have to deal with re-confirming years worth of already imported YNAB
transactions. So ideally I could have a YNAB Source in your framework that
UUID. Is something like that possible?

[1]: https://github.com/hoostus/beancount-ynab