On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 5:58:32 PM UTC+7, Jeremy Maitin-Shepard
wrote:

> One thing I'm unclear on is what sort of workflow you want to have.
>
> From the documentation of your beancount-ynab project, it sounds like you
> manually enter transactions into YNAB, and then periodically import them
> automatically into beancount.
> [...]
> In your case, though, it sounds like you've already manually entered the
> transactions in YNAB, so you don't necessarily want to manually confirm or
> edit each transaction when importing into beancount.
>
> Do you always import into YNAB manually, or do you somehow import external
> data into YNAB?

This is a fair point :)

I do always manually input all YNAB data. It has the ability to import
CSV/OFX/QIF but I've never used it because I don't live in the US and I'm
not sure any of the banks I use offer those :). I also live in a very cash
based society so ~90% of my transactions are in cash and have to be entered
manually anyway.

I was thinking it would be nicer to not have to manually specify the
account mapping and let beancount-import's magic work instead. But maybe
that's not a big enough improvement to be worth it -- especially since what
I have now is already working. Maybe I'll have a play with it anyway and
see how it turns out.....