Hi Stefano,

I just commit another round of updated.

On 20/01/2019 09:26, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:59:36PM -0700, Daniele Nicolodi wrote:
> I was initially surprised that the function doesn't also align each line
> of the transaction before aligning the amounts (i.e., doing the
> equivalent of hitting TAB on each line and *then* align the amounts),
> but that is indeed consistent with ledger-mode's behavior.

Now you can use a prefix argument to align everything. I realized that
automatic alignment does not do the right thing if there are posting
metadata. This remains to be fixed.

>> By default numbers are aligned to the 52nd column, controlled by the
>> beancount-posting-amount-alignment-column defcustom variable. If that
>> variable is set to nil the column is computed in a similar way asin
>> beancount-align-numbers. This is probably quite slow for huge ledger
>> files, and I personally prefer to have the alignment independent of
>> the length of the account names.
>
> That is my own preference too, but it's nice to have the re-align
> everything option, for those who really want to.

I changed the customization variable names to

beancount-transaction-indent
beancount-number-alignment-column

which seem more descriptive (and a bit shorter).

I reworked completion-at-point extensively, and I think I fixed the
problem you were seeing. What I would like to do now is to get rid of
the need for beancount-init-accounts but I am afraid completion would
slow down considerably in very large buffers. On the other hand,
completion for tags does not use any caching and I haven't seen
complaints about it.

Please test and let me know.

Cheers,
Dan