Couple questions on cost tracking:

*1. When are acquisition dates tracked in Cost objects vs. not?*

The query that I use for generating inventory reports at a particular time
is this:
SELECT account, SUM(position) as lots,
UNITS(SUM(position)) AS total,
COST(SUM(position)) AS total_cost
FROM has_account("Assets") CLOSE ON 2020-01-01
WHERE currency~"BTC|ETH"

the lots column generates a list with entries like:
0.5000000000000000 BTC { 8900.0 USD}
0.2250000000000000 BTC { 7700.0 USD}
0.0239900000000000 BTC { 7100.4 USD}

At first I thought acquisition dates were not shown because SUM() is
aggregating the amounts of lots with different dates, but now I'm not
sure.  Is acquisition date tracked?  Should it be?  If it's not, is it
likely user error in how I entered my transactions?

*2. How exactly is cost munged in an asset transfer?*

I'm looking at inventories (as reported by the previous query) before and
after a transfer from one account to another.  I can see a selection of
lots disappear from the inventory of the debited account.  I had thought
these lots would appear in the same form in the credited account, but
instead I see them aggregated into a single lot with what appears to be an
averaged cost.

Is it possible to transfer the lots without collapsing?  In conjunction
with my previous question, I think it will be necessary to transfer without
collapsing in order to preserve acquisition dates on the cost, which will
be needed to determine STCG vs LTCG.  Or perhaps the lots are being
collapsed *because* I don't have dates attached, perhaps due to user error?

*Bonus question:* How can I induce more precision on the cost objects
rendered in my inventory?  I typically only get one digit past the decimal
point, not sure why.

Thanks :) :)

eric