I configured the convert plugin with the following settings:

convert:
    auto: no
    copy_album_art: yes
    dest: /home/andy/lossy-music
    embed: yes
    never_convert_lossy_files: yes
    format: aac
    formats:
        aac:
            command: ffmpeg -i $source -c:a libfdk_aac -b:a 256k $dest
            extension: m4a

I entered the command *beet convert artist:Chicago* and it did a great job
of converting my FLACs to M4As and copying over my MP3s.

But when it's all done, my SSH session is unresponsive.  I have a blinking
cursor but it doesn't pick up anything I type.  I need to kill the SSH
session and start a new one in order to be able to type.

Running latest beets  on Ubuntu 16.04 server.