That was my first thought too, however this has been my main audio/beets
library drive for a year now and the band "a-ha" is the *only* one affected
out of 1,651 artists.  It's certainly not the only file that i have with a
hyphen in it, but it is the only file (band) that beets handles with a
hyphen in the name.