> Ok, I'm uploading a file to a 3rd party. The file is being uploaded to
> an https site with a cgi extension. The 3rd party finally provided me
> with a snippet of their Perl code. They see the attempt coming
> through, but there is no data. I understand how all this works... i
> think there's just a dot i'm not connecting somewhere. PLEASE HELP...
> Thanks in advance!!!
>
> In my html file I have...
> NAME="XML_DATA" size="47"></p>
> <INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submitButtonName" VALUE="Submit Query"></p>
>
> See below:
> Here is the Perl snippet of what they're doing...
>
>     my $query = new CGI;
>     my (@data) = $query->param;
>     my (%data,$key);
>     foreach $key (@data)
>     {
>       $data{$key} = $query->param($key);
>       &logXmlOrder ("key($key) data($data{$key})");
>     }
>     read(STDIN,$xmlcontent,$ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
>     &logXmlOrder ("Content=$xmlcontent");
>
> Here is what they're telling me is logged on their side:
>
> key(submitButtonName) data(Submit Query)
> Content=

Are you a server, or just a client to a server?

I am sorry but I don't understand what you are doing.

Normally, the actioning cgi script is on the server and you call that to
upload your file.

If you have access to your server, have a look at
http://search.cpan.org/~gunnar/CGI-UploadEasy-0.11/ for the easiest means
for uploading files

Owen