On 3 Jun 2008, at 18:00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ok, I'm uploading a file to a 3rd party. The file is being uploaded to
an https site with a cgi extension. The 3rd party finally provided me
with a snippet of their Perl code. They see the attempt coming
through, but there is no data. I understand how all this works... i
think there's just a dot i'm not connecting somewhere. PLEASE HELP...
Thanks in advance!!!

In my html file I have...
NAME="XML_DATA" size="47"></p>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submitButtonName" VALUE="Submit Query"></p>

I'd suspect you aren't setting the enctype attribute in your form element correctly, but you didn't provide that bit of the code, so it is hard to say.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.3

You also appear to be using <font> (which is deprecated) where you should have a <label> and your HTML is invalid due to a missing start tag for a paragraph.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/