Which is obviously a real beginner question. I have googled around, but all the
info I have found assumes you have access to the server.

My sites are shared hosting accounts located at Earthlink, Verio, GoDaddy, etc.
I have used a number of scripts which I can use just by ftp uploading text
files and changing permissions. Now I have a script (a module actually) I would
like to use which arrives as a package that needs to be installed with a
MakeFile.PL

First, how can I install this module?

Or should the .pm file located in the package work just by uploading?

But more generally, what does make do?

Is there a way to do it locally (on MacOSX) and then upload? Or is the
installation server specific? (I did try it via Terminal, but it threw an error
and did not complete.)
--
Lewis Kirk
www.dmzgraphics.com