Hello,

This is probably not a true beginners question - it refers to an example
that I use in class when we discuss regexps.

Here is the problem:

take the regexp '.n+..?.?v*.'

By all that is sacred, if we use the string 'supernova', there should be
no match since there are too many characters before the 'n'

However, any regexp checking code will report a match.

Any ideas/comments/etc.

Thanks

Marty W.

WINDOWS: 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.