Mike <te...@mflan.com> writes:

> Yes.  Both of these work fine:
>
> my $test = get('http://google.com/') or die 'Unable to get page'; # Works
> my $test = get('https://google.com/') or die 'Unable to get page'; # Works

Good, do we know two things:
- your LWP::Simple is correctly installed
- you have no proxy

Next step is to see what is the result of https://nationalmap.gov/epqs/

So you should try with (note the / at the end):

my $test = get('https://nationalmap.gov/epqs/') or die...

Problem is that it is going through redirections and beacuase it is
encrypted, it is almost impossible to debug by hand.

Olivier